Level 3 Award In Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
The aim of this qualification is for the learner to be able to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence needed to work with independently active, older people in an unsupervised manner. There is a particular focus on the considerations for safe and effective exercise and how to plan and adapt exercise for this demographic group. With this course you will learn how to adapt your training methods to the older adult population, this includes the 65+ age group.
To do this qualification you are required to have a minimum Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification.
What you will learn:
- Recognise who ‘independently active, older people’ are in the population
- The ageing process and demographics
- The effects of ageing and inactivity on body systems, cognitive function/performance,
- psychological/emotional/social function and wellbeing
- The special considerations that must be taken into account when programming and delivering
- exercise for independently active, older people and the benefits of physical activity and exercise to them
- How to support and motivate the independently active, older adult in exercise and promote exercise for this section of the population
- The impact of ageing on the planning and delivery of safe exercise for independently active, older people
- The components of a pre-exercise consultation with independently active, older people
- How to plan and adapt exercise, and adapt session instruction, for independently active, older people
The course is blended learning. There are 2 days of attendance and home learning. Tutor support is available throughout. The course is held at Nuffield Leatherhead or if government guidelines do not allow face to face learning it will be online.
Before buying this course, please ensure you have read and understood the cancellation and refund policies of this Training Provider detailed below.
Training Provider: YBFIT Training
Learning Time: Guided learning hours: 16
Location: Blended learning / Online
Information on YBFIT Training: YBFIT Training Ltd is Surrey’s leading fitness training provider. We are Approved Training Providers offering first class courses and qualifications for the Health and Fitness Industry. Our Tutors and Assessors are qualified and skilled and love their work. YBFIT Training exists to help fitness enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds achieve their dream of a career in the fitness industry by providing accredited and respected industry qualifications in a flexible and structured way that suits both lifestyle and budgetary requirements. We strive to build a good relationship with all those who train with YBFIT Training so that they want to come back. We provide flexible learning to fit in with you and your life, we have time for you as we want you to achieve your goals.